The Town of Lake View hosts many community events throughout the year…
The Lake View Events Committee consists of many dedicated individuals – each with their own set of talents and abilities – who come together to serve the community by planning all of these wonderful events. This committee helps bring everyone together for fellowship, food, music, and a whole lot of fun! Here’s a brief overview of each annual event…
- Super Saturday Cook-Off : This event is one of our new events in 2023. We have 16 contestants that will be cooking 16 qts of chicken bog, we have games and big screen tv with football moments along with video games. We also have a silent auction, and lots of door prizes. This event fundraiser will benefit the Lake View Recreation Department. This event also begins our Event Calendar Year in February.
- Black Business Expo: This event is headed by Dr. Eula Page and Mertis Barnett. This is a great opportunity to network and get to know other black local businesses and to promote Black history month. This event is held at Lake View Community Center on February 18th.
- Paint The Town: This event is a new event for 2023. This event is a fundraiser to help the Event Committee raise funds to host other events. This event is March 24,2023.
- Earth -Day Trash pick-up is hosted by our Mayor. This is a great way to take pride in our city and keep it trash free! This event will be held April 22,2023.
- Our town Mayor Sterling Lee will be hosting a Music in the park on April 30, 2023. This event will be every last Sunday of each month. The event time is 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Breaking Bread is our May Event. It will be held at the community center and is a great time to come and socialize with your neighbors. It is a sit down dinner with lots of fun and laughter! Come and get to know your new neighbors and have some laughs with the ones you already know!
- After our summer break we come back full force with our Food Truck Rodeo. It will be held on August 26, 2023 at the Veterans park. There are many different food trucks, offering many delicious choices.
- Our next event is Sept 4, 2023. Everyone charge or gas up your golf carts. It’s time for a parade, dress up your golf cart and parade it around town. Then meet back at the community center for a hot dog snack.
- Then we start cooling off with our Harvest Festival on September 9, 2023. Lots of different vendors with crafts, baked goods, boiled peanuts, pork skins and many creative activities. And let’s not forget our annual Pie Contest. Who will be Lake View’s greatest pie baker this year? This event is held at our beautiful Mill Pond.
- October is our annual Trunk-or-Treat Event. Volunteers from around the community and local churches go all-out decorating the trunks of their cars or beds of their trucks, vying for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in our “best decorated” competition. Families from all over -decked out in their favorite costumes – enjoy collecting candy and treats, eating from local food trucks, shopping local vendors, and enjoying crafts and games. It’s an all-around spooky good time.
- October 2023 welcomes our first annual Haunted Hay Ride at Pages Mill Pond. Are you brave enough to face what lurks around the edge of the swamp and haunts the hidden cabin way back in the woods? If you make it out, we are willing to bet this will be a hay ride that will haunt your dreams for weeks! This event will run each Friday & Saturday evening through October.
- Now Winter is upon us and it’s time to start our Christmas Festivities. What better way to bring the Christmas spirit in, than to hear children singing. On November the 25th at the community center we will have Christmas caroling with the children, our Tree Lighting Ceremony, and then settle down to watch a Christmas movie on the big screen. We will cozy up and have hot chocolate and popcorn. There will be other activities as well. It is truly a Hallmark moment for Our Little Town.
- Our last and largest event of the year is Christmas On The Boulevard. This is a whole day of fun! We start the day with lots of vendors with crafts , offering lots of original creations. There are blow ups for the kids, food vendors, music and live performances. There is also a large car show. And then we begin our Christmas Parade that will end with Santa and then we will gather at the tree for caroling and the lighting of the tree. A day of Magical moments and fun! This event is held on December 2, 2023 at the Community Center.